Robin
I live in SoCa so got tried of wasting my water while draining my fresh water tank on the driveway or collecting it in a 5-gallon plastic bucket and then dumping it on the lawn plus getting wet. So I ran down to Lowes spent less than $6.50 for supplies and now have a valve  to turn on and off the water plus a hook up for my hose so now I can let it drain on the grass and plants.
Quote 0
Robin
Before and after pictures 6340.jpg 6341.jpg 
Quote 0
Alabama Jim
Good idea.  Is the white opening at the bottom threaded for a garden hose to connect ?
Quote 0
Robin
Alabama Jim wrote:
Good idea.  Is the white opening at the bottom threaded for a garden hose to connect ?

Yes it is. Can screw my garden hose on it and water my grass
Quote 0
retro195man
Great idea. [smile]
Quote 0
TrikePete
Great idea although we don't need it, rains too much here!
Quote 0
rhaussie
I was thinking about doing the same thing.  Did you strap it to the frame or the bottom of the trailer some way?  If not, that is a lot of weight bouncing on the tank elbow and it can snap off.
Quote 0
Robin
rhaussie wrote:
I was thinking about doing the same thing.  Did you strap it to the frame or the bottom of the trailer some way?  If not, that is a lot of weight bouncing on the tank elbow and it can snap off.


No not yet but planning on it. Its not that much weight but always better be safe than sorry. 
Quote 0
rhaussie
I am not an engineer so can't tell you the weight and strain 8+inches back on the tanks elbow fitting.  But it is a lot when bouncing down the road. I would attach a treated wood block with Stainless screws and polyurethane caulk (both as a glue and sealant) and add a padded (electrical tape wrapped) conduit clamp to secure the pipe.
I just bought a 820R toy hauler, very few things are more fun than personalizing.  I really hate wasting water, it is a major sin in my book.  Rick
Quote 0
Robin
rhaussie wrote:
I am not an engineer so can't tell you the weight and strain 8+inches back on the tanks elbow fitting.  But it is a lot when bouncing down the road. I would attach a treated wood block with Stainless screws and polyurethane caulk (both as a glue and sealant) and add a padded (electrical tape wrapped) conduit clamp to secure the pipe.
I just bought a 820R toy hauler, very few things are more fun than personalizing.  I really hate wasting water, it is a major sin in my book.  Rick


Good advice 
Thank you 
Quote 0
rhaussie
After looking at (under) my trailer, my addition of a drain valve and support has changed just a bit.  As I said earlier, I am not an engineer but I am an irrigator and plumber.  I have installed miles of all types of water supplies.
My first concern is that the factory fitting has female threads.  Since pipe threads are tapered, the male fitting exerts outward pressure on a female fitting.  A plastic female fitting a very subject to splitting when a plug is fitted into them.  I have even put a hose clamp around them and had them crack. 
So, my plan is to cut off the factory fitting, install a brass 1/2" barb x 1/2" female adapter.  From that I will use a 1/2" pvc male adapter, a short length of flex pvc glued to another pvc male adapter and screwed into a female hose bib/boiler valve.  This whole assembly will be sleeved with 1/2" rubatex insulation.  The flex pvc is a common irrigation product, not a pipe made for constant pressure.
By that point, I will have extended the hose bib (drain valve) to the frame of my trailer so I will attach it with a conduit clap to the frame.
Pictures will follow in the next few days
Quote 0
retro195man
Thanks for the info. Looking forward to the pics of the updated drains. 
Quote 0