bamajim
I know a number of us have decals pealing, turning up on ends, and cracking.  I got the one off the front window cover and there is still ghosting, or shadow of the decal.  Found the original supplier:  Vinyl Creator, 4698 South East Riley Square, Pleasant Lake, In. 46779.  Phone: 260-475-2012.  This location is close to Lagrange, IN. and Riverside RV.  Talked to the owner, named Ken.  He is a very nice guy.  Ken said there is little you can do with ghosting.  He stated he supplies all the decals for Riverside.  He told me he could make replacements in a better grade than what comes on the trailer for about $65.  Thinking I may order them.  I can paint over the ghosting on the front, since the cover is fiberglass.  I would not try painting over the sides and back where the pewter siding is.

Don't know if t his helps anyone, but hope so.  If you have additional information on decals, please fill free to pile on.

By the way, I learned that the brains behind build Riverside broke off about a year ago and started making his own line of trailers, called Old School Trailers.  Supposedly he is going to upgrade the quality standards.  I saw pictures of the new trailers and they look very much like the Retro.
Quote 0
KLandry
Good to know Jim.  Our 526RK either came without the decals or the original owners removed them.  Oh, welcome back to the forum.
Keith
Quote 0
bamajim
KLandry wrote:
Good to know Jim.  Our 526RK either came without the decals or the original owners removed them.  Oh, welcome back to the forum.


I know a number of people have said they like to remove them, but have no idea what they do about the ghosting.  I tried turtle compound material that was suggested in a video, but did not work.
Quote 0
KLandry
The previous owners put some lettering on the back of our unit that I removed.  I used a light rubbing compound by hand to lighten.  Will probably do again during spring prep.
Keith
Quote 0
mkevenson


By the way, I learned that the brains behind build Riverside broke off about a year ago and started making his own line of trailers, called Old School Trailers.  Supposedly he is going to upgrade the quality standards.  I saw pictures of the new trailers and they look very much like the Retro.

this is the web page: https://theoldschooltrailer.com/
Mark
Please buy Made in USA
Quote 1
bamajim
mkevenson wrote:


By the way, I learned that the brains behind build Riverside broke off about a year ago and started making his own line of trailers, called Old School Trailers.  Supposedly he is going to upgrade the quality standards.  I saw pictures of the new trailers and they look very much like the Retro.

this is the web page: https://theoldschooltrailer.com/
Quote 0
Boof
I slowly peeled away all decals on my 176s except the front window - so folks could see the manufacturers name, at least. Soap & warm water did the trick well enough. Then I created a vinyl decal at the SignMart shop of Rosie The Riveter. She is 28” in diameter on both sides, and I was so excited I had a B24 decal installed on the back! She is one awesome rig, my Rosie Jo! If anyone is interested I’ll paste a photo but I seem to be having trouble doing that right now. 
Quote 0
bamajim
Boof wrote:
I slowly peeled away all decals on my 176s except the front window - so folks could see the manufacturers name, at least. Soap & warm water did the trick well enough. Then I created a vinyl decal at the SignMart shop of Rosie The Riveter. She is 28” in diameter on both sides, and I was so excited I had a B24 decal installed on the back! She is one awesome rig, my Rosie Jo! If anyone is interested I’ll paste a photo but I seem to be having trouble doing that right now. 



Boof, was your trailer relative new when you took off the decals?  Mine were 4 yrs. old and stuck on good.  I got them off okay, and clean the glue off okay, but I have not been able to get the ghosting or outline to go away.   Would love to see a picture of your ROSIE.
Quote 0
Boof
Yes, it was fairly new, under a year I think. That did make it easier to remove, I’m sure! 
Never thought of that. Phew, I’m glad I thought of Rosie when I did. Ok, I’m going to try to post a picture. 
Quote 0
Boof
8EBDAFFE-BCB1-4CA9-B5BC-40FFC14E89BA.jpeg 
Quote 0
bamajim
That looks cool, Boof.  Thank you for sharing.
Quote 0
mikes
bamajim wrote:
Mine were 4 yrs. old and stuck on good.  I got them off okay, and clean the glue off okay, but I have not been able to get the ghosting or outline to go away.
 
A <$10 Harbor Freight heat gun makes it relatively easy to remove the decals (and Goof Off will remove any left over adhesive), the fading will diminish over time.
Mike
Quote 0
coopermtn
Boof:

Awesome!
Quote 0
Boof
Thank You! I get compliments and thumbs up honks on the road often. In gas stations & campgrounds I get wonderful WWII grandma stories. just to make it fun I sometimes wear my red/white polka dot bandana like Rosie! it’s a hoot! 
Quote 0